Graduation Information

  • High school students and their families work together with a school counselor to understand and meet graduation requirements, which includes opportunities to take rigorous academic courses designed to prepare students for their future academic and career choices.

Contact Us

  • Tracey Babb-Morman
    High School Counseling Program Manager
    Student Wellness & Academic Support

  • To ensure on-time graduation, parents and students should:

    • Review the school’s attendance recovery policy.
    • All absences above ten days must be recovered in an after-school program at your student’s school. Students who do not recover absences above ten days will receive an “F” for the course. If it is a required course for graduation, the student will have to re-take it. Therefore, it is very important to complete recovery in a timely manner. Check with your student’s counselor about this policy.
    • Talk with your student about their credits and discuss GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS.
      • Know the graduation requirements for your student’s class. Information about these requirements can be found by reviewing the ֶƵGraduation Policy and Regulations. Questions and concerns regarding whether your child has met this policy should be directed to your school counselor.
      • Speak with your school counselor if you believe you are missing credits for graduation. Your student can enroll in credit recovery or other course offerings to help them catch up and graduate on time.
      • Check Parent Assistant regularly to see any missing assignments or tests. If it is not on Parent Assistant, e-mail or schedule a face-to-face conference with the teacher before mid-quarter. Use the conference to find out if your student can turn in these assignments and if they can take or re-take any tests that they missed or failed.
    • Schedule a CONFERENCE with your student’s teachers. In the conference, ask the teacher about their re-test, test correction and late assignment policy. This will help you and your student meet expectations. Also, if your student has a 504 plan, make sure the teacher and student follow through with the accommodations and modifications written in the plan.

    More information

    • Graduation requirements: Contact your high school counselor.
    • Scheduling parent-teacher-student conferences: Start with the teacher. If you need to see all of the student’s teachers, ask the school counselor to arrange one.
    • 504 plans: Contact your high school counselor, or refer to Section 504.